Career Development and Educational Opportunities
Employment Opportunities at CSU
Training and Development Opportunities for Employees
- Talent Development —
Classes are free and open to all CSU academic faculty, administrative professionals, and state classified staff. Areas of training include Emergency Readiness, Professional Development, Supervisor Development, Reinventing the Workplace, University Employee Orientation, Workplace English, and customized workshops.
- The Institute for Learning and Teaching (TILT) —
- Writing@CSU —
Resources for writing education, writing classes, and writing teachers.
- Employee Study Privilege —
Full time faculty and staff are eligible to take nine free credits per year through CSU, CSU Online, CSU-Pueblo, University of Northern Colorado, or CSU Global. Part-time employees are eligible for a prorated benefit.
- Professional Development Institute (PDI) —
PDI offers CSU faculty, state classified personnel, administrative professionals, and graduate students an opportunity to explore a wide range of topics designed to enhance their professional growth and personal enrichment while addressing the whole person and bringing balance between work-related skills and personal advancement.
- Tuition Scholarship for Employee Family Members
- Joan Gaynor Kuder Scholarship for Faculty and Staff
- Janet and Allan Eddy Scholarship for State Classified Personnel
Military and Veteran Education Benefits
The mission of the Career Counseling and Assessment Clinic is to provide effective, affordable career counseling services to adolescents and adults in greater Northern Colorado with career development needs. CCAC uses scientifically-supported assessments to help identify key aspects of clients’ work personalities and assists clients in identifying occupations and training programs that fit well with their strengths.
Career Development for Tenured and Tenure-track Faculty
- Promotion and Tenure Application and Information (Word)
- Promotion Policy in Faculty Manual
- Extension of Probationary Period for Tenure (Tenure Clock)
- Comprehensive Reviews for Tenured and Tenure-track faculty
The University offers the possibility of sabbatical leave to tenured faculty members who have accumulated six years of service as a tenured or tenure-track faculty member at Colorado State University.