Program Review: Assessment, Planning and Effectiveness
Colorado State University has a long tradition of delivering high-quality academic programs. Through the operations of Planning and Effectiveness, a culture of evidence-based documentation of high-quality and continuous improvement is supported for each academic degree program and its respective department.
To accomplish this mission, the Planning and Effectiveness operations:
- Provide leadership to the campus regarding the establishment of specific student learning outcomes for each program.
- Empower faculty to create assessment/evaluation plans that accurately reflect the values, culture, and curriculum unique to their program.
- Provide resources and support for designing, implementing and sustaining effective assessment/evaluation cycles.
- Advocate for the use of assessment/evaluation findings in budgeting, strategic planning, and institutional learning.
- Help to communicate findings to the campus community, including prospective students and other constituents such as regional and specialized accrediting agencies, the CSUS Board of Governors, and the public.
A support application from Campus Labs is being developed and implemented for program review, planning and assessment. A new program review guide is available and student-learning outcomes assessment guides will be provided for the new application.
The Planning and Effectiveness processes are designed and managed to incorporate the expertise and support of the Office of Institutional Research (IR), the Institute for Learning and Teaching (TILT) and the Strategic Planning Area Review Committees (SPARCs).
If you have questions/comments please contact Laura Jensen at (970) 491-6614.